This is the third time in 2017, when these streams are open for new applications.
Prior to this, the OINP opened at the end of February 2017 and then the maximum number of applications was achieved within a few days. Therefore, hurry up, do not hesitate this time!
The Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration of Ontario recognizes that the OINP is a very popular program that receives a significant number of applications. The Ministry took exhaustive measures for the comfort of the applicants. However, there may be minor glitches due to the large number of applicants wishing to access the system at one and the same time.
The Ministry said earlier that the International Masters Graduate and International PhD Graduate Streams will be opened and periodically closed until the end of 2017 in order the select the number of candidates planned by the government.
All the candidates meeting the eligibility criteria for one of these two streams can now file an electronic application through a new online system.
The International Masters Graduate and International PhD Graduate Streams work separately from the Express Entry System. However, successful applicants will receive a provincial certificate and after that they will be able to apply to the federal government for permanent residence.
A job offer is not required for any of these streams!
International PhD Graduate Stream
The province of Ontario offers a special program for students who study or graduate from the PhD program at a university in the province of Ontario.
The following students can apply as an International PhD Graduate in Ontario:
- A student who completed a PhD program in Ontario and received a PhD degree;
- A student who has fulfilled all the requirements for obtaining a PhD degree, that is, who has completed all the necessary courses and defended the thesis and is waiting for a PhD degree;
- A student who has completed at least 2 years on a PhD program.
The application can be submitted within 2 years from the receipt of the PhD degree. The student must have a legal status of being in Canada (if the applicant resides in Canada).
Students passing through this category can apply for immigration without experience, and, most importantly, without having a job offer.
International Masters Graduate Stream
This program is made for students who study or graduate from the Master’s Degree program at a university in the province of Ontario.
The following students can apply as an International Masters Graduate in Ontario:
- A student who completed a Master’s Degree program at a university in the province of Ontario;
- A student who has completed at least 1 year on a Master’s Degree program on a full-time basis.
The application can be submitted within 2 years from the receipt of the Master’s Degree or during the last semester of the studying program.
The criteria for the International Masters Graduate Stream have been changed. Previously only residents of the province of Ontario were allowed to apply and now people residing outside of Canada can apply too (however, people residing in another province of Canada, not Ontario, are not allowed to participate in this program).
Candidates for the International Masters Graduate Stream should be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum level of Canadian Language Benchmark: Level 7 (or above) in English or French (IELTS 6 (or above) for English for each module);
- A minimum level of savings to support you and your family members for the first year;
- Demonstrate you have resided in Ontario for at least 12 of the last 24 months before the application submission date.
Update: As it became known, the programs are already closed. The maximum number of applications was achieved within one day. At the same time, we remind you that you always need to be ready, as these streams will be opened in 2017 at least one more time.