You must settle in Quebec to create and operate a business for which you have already received a service offer from a business accelerator or incubator or a university entrepreneurship center You can carry out your project alone or with others, up to three of whom can be foreign nationals who have submitted selection applications as entrepreneurs for the same project.
Recommended Reading: Fastest Way to Sale your business in Canada
You must present your project in the form of a business plan.
You must settle in Quebec to create or acquire and operate a business.
You must make a startup deposit and a security deposit at a financial institution with an establishment in Quebec with whom you have signed a deposit agreement:
- You must use the startup deposit to set up your business. The required amount is lower (CAD $200,000) if you set up your business outside the Montréal metropolitan area (CMM). A startup deposit of CAD $300,000 is required if the business is located in the CMM.
- The security deposit of CAD $200,000 serves as insurance that your business will actually be created. It will be refunded when you demonstrate that your business plan has been carried out.
- You must also have a minimum net worth of CAD $900,000, alone or with your spouse or de facto spouse, and you must demonstrate that this money has been legally acquired.
- You must present your project in the form of a business plan.
- If you choose to create a business, you must own and control at least 25% of its equity capital. If you choose to acquire a business, you must own and control at least 51% of the its equity capital.
Your business must not be involved in any of the following activities:
- Payday loans, cheque cashing, or pawn broking
- Real estate development or real estate or insurance brokerage
- Production, distribution, or sale of pornographic or sexually explicit products or services related to the sex industry such as nude or erotic dancing, escort services or erotic massages.
SELF-EMPLOYED WORKER PROGRAM
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Come to Quebec to create your own job by practicing a profession or business activities, alone or with other immigration candidates, with or without paid help
- Make a start-up deposit at a financial institution located in the region where you intend to practice your trade or profession:
- C$25,000 start-up deposit if you intend to practice your trade or profession outside the Montréal Metropolitan Community (MMC) area
- C$50,000 start-up deposit if you intend to practice your trade or profession in the MMC area
- Have minimum net assets of C$100,000 in conjunction, if applicable, with your accompanying spouse or defector spouse, and proof of its source and lawful acquisition
- Have at least two years of experience as a self-employed worker in the profession or trade you intend to practice in Quebec.
As Canadian immigration specialists, ICS is committed to ensuring that you obtain the best Canadian visa or immigration service for your requirements. You can set your application in motion today by submitting our initial consultation form to schedule your consultation with one of our immigration attorneys.
After we assess your qualifications, you will be informed if you qualify. If you would qualify to apply for a permanent resident visa as a Quebec Business Immigrant, we open your file and proceed with the processing of your application for permanent resident visa.
Please note that ICS will not share your personal information with any other third party, any information submitted to us will only be used to assess your visa eligibility.