To qualify for this program, you must:
- Have, alone or with his accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, net assets of at least $2,000,000 CAD obtained legally, excluding the amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filed.
- Have experience in management for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for a selection certificate, in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business where the staff, excluding the investor, occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs, or for an international agency or a government or one of its departments or agencies;
- Intend to settle in Québec and sign an agreement to invest $1.200,000 CAD with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investors program.
There are two ways of how to invest your funds, such as:
- You make an investment of $1,200,000 CAD of your own funds; These funds are then kept with the government of Quebec for a period of five years, after which they are returned to you in full with 0% interest; OR
- You pay a financing fee; Pay a financing fee in the range of $250,000 CAD and a Quebec financial institute will make then the investment with the government on your behalf, for a one-time financing fee in the range of $250,000 CAD. The financing fee is paid up front and is non-refundable.
The investment of $1,200,000 CAD for a five year term is guaranteed by the Gouvernement du Québec.
At the end of the five year term, the broker or trust company will, within 30 days, reimburse the applicant $1,200,000 CAD without interest. However, the amount may vary if the applicant secured financing for the investment.
The assessment of your application will also take into account other factors such as your age, the nature and duration of your professional training and your language skills. The passing score is 40 points.
Quebec Investor Selection Grid / Investor
- The passing score for a Quebec Investor according tot the selection grid is 40 points (maximum 92 points) on a total of seven factors:
- Training, maximum 12 points (An applicant who has an undergraduate diploma with 2 years of full-time studies will get 6 points);
- Experience, maximum 10 points (An applicant will get 10 points for his two years’ required experience in management);
- Age, maximum 10 points (An applicant will get 10 points if he is 18 – 45 years of age, 8 points for 46, 6 points for 47, 4 points for 48, 2 points for 49 and 0 point for 50 or older);
- Language proficiency, maximum 22 points;
- Stay and family in Quebec, maximum 8 points;
- Adaptability, maximum 5 points;
- Investment agreement, maximum 25 points (An applicant will get 25 points for signing a required investment agreement).
So, by meeting the required two-year’s experience in management and signing a required investment agreement, an applicant will already get 35 points.
Quebec Investor Program
As Canadian immigration specialists, ICS is committed to ensuring that you obtain the best Canadian visa or immigration service for your requirements. You can set your application in motion today by submitting our INITIAL CONSULTATION FORM TO SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION WITH ONE OF OUR IMMIGRATION ADVISORS.
After we assess your qualifications, you will be informed if you qualify. If you would qualify to apply for business immigration to Quebec, we open your file and proceed with the processing of your application for permanent resident visa.
Please note that ICS will not share your personal information with any other third party, any information submitted to us will only be used to assess your visa eligibility.