Express Entry Update: CIC Releases Mid-Year Express Entry Report
August 5, 2015 – Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has released its mid-year report on Express Entry, Canada’s new immigration application administration system. This detailed gritty report — a representation of the system for the initial six months of implementation, based on the information extract as of July 6, 2015 — gives strong grounds for confidence for people who are either in the pool today or considering making a profile in the near future. Express Entry selection system for migration to Canada came into operation on January 1, 2015.
Among a large group of vital statements, CIC uncovered that ‘Future rounds from the Express Entry pool will turn into the main source of applications to meet yearly Canadian migration levels targets for certain economic immigration programs under the Express Entry system as the older inventories are decreased.
The report gives the first full picture of the Express Entry system, and incorporates information on total applicants, total number of invitation and in addition a complete breakdown of candidates by score profile.
Some of the highlights:
- CIC got profiles from 112,701 potential candidates between January 1 and July 6, 2015.
- An aggregate of 48,723 were not qualified for the pool as they didn’t meet the base criteria for permanent residence based on the Federal Skilled Worker, Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Trades or Provincial Nominee Program.
- Out of the 12,017 invitations issued for the period covered by the report, 70% had qualifying scores more than 600 point – meaning those candidates had qualifying job offers supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), Labour Market Opinion (LMO) or Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) Certificate.
- The vast majority of candidates (85%) invited to apply through Express Entry were already in Canada.
- Despite issuing 12,017 invitations, just 7,528 completed applications have been received. Of these completed applications, just 844 permanent resident visas have been issued, and less than a large portion of these, 411, have arrived in Canada as Permanent Residents.
- There were 41,218 candidates in the Express Entry pool as of July 6, 2015.
- Of the candidates still in the pool on July 6, 2015, 87% were clustered around the 300-450 comprehensive ranking score. These candidates don’t have LMIA or PNP nominations and are waiting CIC to bring down their scores for invitations.
Begin your Visa Application Process Today
As Canadian Immigration Specialists, ICS is committed to ensuring that you obtain the best Canadian visa or immigration service for your requirements. You can set your application in motion today by submitting our Initial Consultation Form to schedule your consultation with one of our immigration advisors.