Citizens of UAE, if you want to settle in a country with great cultural diversity, most beautiful and varied natural landscapes and awesome social benefits for permanent residents, Canada is the most remarkable choice.
The country is very liberal, accommodating and ensure high quality of living standard for its citizens.
Are you considering then how to settle in Canada?
Don’t get concerned since Canada as a country is easier to be immigrated in comparison with many other western nations. There are several pathways to immigrate to Canada including express Entry System, QSWP, PNP, Work Permit, etc.
But before discussing in detail about the immigration process and what it takes, let us focus on the three main reasons UAE citizens want to come to Canada and immigrate. You can come to this country to establish your own business or you can come as a professional worker or as a student enrolled in a curriculum.
Establishing a business in Canada
Self employed persons can apply for work permit in Canada without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development only if they want to operate business in Canada creating considerable social, cultural or economic advantages and job opportunities for Canadian citizens.
Studying in Canada and getting permanent resident status
In many ways international students coming to Canada for study can get permanent residential status.
As per the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWP) the foreign post secondary students can be issued work permits to stay temporarily in Canada after their graduation for engaging in professional work in the field of their study.
Foreign/International students can also apply for Off-Campus Work Permit by seeking Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
Working in Canada
For a skilled professional it is always lucrative to get resident status as an employee. Getting the offer letter from your employer in Canada for a full time job position is the starting point for your application process.
Various immigration pathways
There are no hassles and complexities when it comes to immigration pathways and stipulated procedure to immigrate to Canada from UAE. Let’s see the immigration pathways one can choose for immigrating to Canada from UAE.
The choice of pathway depends on several factors including the candidate profile, need, and type of visa. Here are the commonest immigration pathways for UAE citizens to settle permanently in Canada.
Express Entry System
This is the most common and preferred way to immigrate to Canada from many countries including UAE. The Canadian federal Express Entry system is widely recognized to be the quickest point based immigration system which is organised by a government body refereed as IRCC (Immigration Refugee and Citizenship Canada).
This provision and arrangement was particularly made available for offering permanent residency in Canada to skilled migrants from various parts of the globe.
Do you want to know how it selects the people for the same?
Well, consider the provisions mentioned below.
- The Federal Skilled Worker Program: this scheme under the express entry scheme is for skilled workers from overseas locations.
- The Federal Skilled Trades program: this scheme is for overseas people who want to engage in trade occupations requiring various skills.
- The Canadian experience class: it is a different category from the earlier mentioned above. It is for people who are already in Canada with temporary work or study visa. If you are already in Canada as a student or professional and want to settle in the country, this will be the ideal scheme.
Among all the schemes mentioned above, the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category is considered to be the most popular category for most immigration aspirants in UAE.
The application process for Express Entry- FSW stream
If you want to apply for the Express Entry FSW category, follow the below mentioned process.
- First of all, collect all the essential documents including your ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) report from the respective authority and English Proficiency Test result (i.e. IETLS )
- As per the specified skills in National Occupational Classification, choose one that describes your skill best.
- Now you need to create your own profile on the Express Entry and submit all the details including age, education, language proficiency level, experience, etc.
- Comprising all the above mentioned factors you need to achieve a minimum score of at least 67 points.
- The IRCC authority based on this score and all the submitted information will evaluate your profile and give your profile a score according to the CRS or Comprehensive Ranking System.
- After your profile is selected in any of the draws conducted by IRCC you will receive the ITA (Invitation to apply) for the Permanent Resident visa in Canada.
- You need to apply for PR visa within a maximum period of 60 days from the date of receipt of the invitation from IRCC.
Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)
This immigration scheme abbreviated as QSWP is particularly for the Canadian province of Quebec. You need to know that in this province both French and English are spoken and used.
When it comes to choosing candidates for permanent residency, it has its own set of criteria and regulations. The main provisions are for skilled professionals, businessmen and investor, etc.
After the candidate is selected he gets a CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate) and then he is eligible to apply for Permanent Residency status to IRCC.
Provincial Nominee Programs
Every Canadian province can select immigrants as per their need and this federal scheme allows that. The Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) consists of various regional immigration schemes of Canada like BCPNP, AINP, OINP, SINP, etc.
The immigrants under this scheme are selected as per the needs of the labor market and upon being selected the aspirant gets the nomination certificate from the respective province.
When they are nominated by a province they are eligible to apply for the Permanent Resident status to IRCC for living and working in that province.
Key requirements to immigrate to Canada
Now let us have a look at the bare minimum requirements for any UAE citizen to be able to immigrate or seen permanent residency status in Canada.
- Educational Credential Assessment or ECA Report
- Achieving the right score in English Language Proficiency Test.
- Based on various factors like your age, education, language proficiency, experience, etc. the authority will give you a score when applying online.
- With your application make sure you provide both the Health and Character Certifications
- As per the scheme you are applying under, try to meet the bare minimum criteria.
Getting temporary work visa in Canada from UAE?
In case as an UAE citizen you want to work in Canada you need to apply for Canadian Work permit. After being granted this permit you are eligible to work in Canada on a temporary basis forays long as four years.
To apply for work permit, you need to go through an evaluation of your skill which is called LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment).
Once you get a work permit later on you can apply for permanent residency status through Canadian Experience Class (CEC) scheme.