Identity Paper

You must provide an identity paper. Any of the following documents may be used:

  • Record of Landing, issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
  • Canadian Citizenship Card issued by CIC
  • Permanent Resident Card issued by CIC
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR) document issued by CIC
  • The Certificat de sélection du Québec (Québec selection certificate) issued by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC)
  • Nomination Certificate issued by a Canadian province
  • Birth certificate
  • Valid passport
  • Document of the asylum seeker

If you forward your request by mail, you must provide a photocopy of the document. ICS reserves the right to request a certified true copy of the document, if necessary.
Driver’s licences, health insurance cards and credit cards are not acceptable as valid identification.

Contact us to see how we can help you obtain a student visa

Ask An Expert