You must provide an identity paper. Any of the following documents may be used:
- Record of Landing, issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
- Canadian Citizenship Card issued by CIC
- Permanent Resident Card issued by CIC
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR) document issued by CIC
- The Certificat de sélection du Québec (Québec selection certificate) issued by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC)
- Nomination Certificate issued by a Canadian province
- Birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Document of the asylum seeker
If you forward your request by mail, you must provide a photocopy of the document. ICS reserves the right to request a certified true copy of the document, if necessary.
Driver’s licences, health insurance cards and credit cards are not acceptable as valid identification.