Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Retail Sales
Department: North American Marketing and Digital
Reports to: Vice President, Retail Sales
To provide administrative support to the Retail Sales Division (RTL SLS) including the Vice President, Retail Sales North America, Director, Retail Operations, Director, Retail Sales and Marketing Analysis, and the Director, Sales Promotions and Retail New Business, in a confidential and professional manner.
Provides administrative support to the VP, Retail Sales, Retail Sales Directors and the Retail Sales team including coordinating and organizing conference calls, management meetings, special events and travel arrangements. Books boardrooms and orders meals as required.
Proactively manages the calendar for VP, Retail Sales including accepting/declining meetings, re-scheduling meetings as required and coordinating schedules, meetings, travel arrangements and other appointments.
Creates and maintains a highly effective and organized filing system resulting in easy access to critical information
Prepares and disseminates corporate reports and presentations in a timely manner for meetings, conferences author forums and customer meetings.
Tracks, allocates and ensures timely payment of departmental invoices, promotional funds, department/OH expenses and travel expenditures and reconciles department credit card statements. Continually sources alternative cost-reducing resources and services.
Maintains department attendance records.
Sources and orders office supplies.
Creates and coordinates PowerPoint presentations for all sales conferences, HSG Key Customer presentations, executive meetings, presentations and author forums. Required to liaise with internal personnel and customer contacts to ensure that the appropriate material is available/received.
Provides back-up support to Marketing, Art and PR groups when required
Other duties, as assigned
Qualifications / Competencies and Skills:
- 2-5 years related experience or equivalent knowledge gained from prior experience.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as database applications.
- Post-Secondary diploma in Office Administration.
- A strong customer service orientation and interaction with others in a highly professional manner.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, discretion and attention to detail.
- A proven ability to demonstrate a high degree of initiative and independence, and the ability to anticipate needs.
- Knowledge of basic accounting.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.