Job Post: Business Manager – Mining Industry
Location: Canada East
Our client, a major international player in the Mining Industry is experiencing growth in Canada and is looking to add a Business Manager to their Canadian division to oversee their Eastern Canadian operations. This company specializes in manufacturing and distributing capital process equipment to the mining industry.
This role will be based out of Montreal and is responsible for setting up and growing the Eastern Canadian division. An ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the mining equipment industry and be up to date on industry trends. Fluently bilingual in French and English is a must.
Responsibilities of the Role
– Lead the Eastern Canadian business operations and set up a team based out of Montreal to support this business.
– Hire, coach and mentor the Eastern Canadian team to ensure optimal performance and continuous development of employees.
– Ensure compliance with government requirements surrounding environmental, health and safety and corporate governance standards.
– Develop new business opportunities which align with the company objectives.
– Comprehend client’s full requirements to ensure full encompassing solution is presented.
– Develop relationships within the mining community joining various associations and business groups.
– Stay on top of industry trends and identify competitive threats in the market place.
– Forecast monthly and yearly sales and expenditures for the business.
– Responsible for achieving and surpassing company sales targets.
Requirements of the Role
– B.Sc in Metallurgical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
– Bilingual – French and English (mandatory).
– Minimum 5 years experience in the mining industry.
– Minimum 2 years experience managing a team.
– Determined, enthusiastic and results oriented.
– The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
– Strong communicator, presenter and negotiator.
Click here to contact us for more details on this Job
Click here to find more Latest Jobs