We are currently seeking individuals in the role of: Civil Engineer
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Overtime
Work Hours: full time, 40hours/week
Location: Alberta and British Columbia;
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Not required
Experience: 5 years +
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
• Provide technical input in support of Company and client HSE requirements.
• Provide technical interface with client and associated stakeholders.
• Interface with field operations to ensure project processes achieve compliance with technical and commercial requirements of the contract.
• Collaborate with field operations personnel to develop technical solutions to encountered field challenges.
• Prepare and submit periodic reporting relating to cost control/analysis.
• Prepare defined scope estimates in support of additional work requirements.
• Oversee the accurate capture of quantities and prepare necessary reporting in support of internal and external contractual requirements.
• Coordinate the preparation of temporary works design requirements to support field operations and contractual requirements.
• Maintain accurate logs of contract drawings, technical specifications, and as-built records.
• Coordinate project quality control requirements and oversee the preparation, submission and approval of required project turnover documentation.
• Post-secondary technical education (Civil Engineering degree is preferred).
• Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in Civil earthworks and underground piping site development work (Industrial environment is preferred) and 5 years of supervisor level experience.
• Advanced analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities
• Excellent computer skills, particularly spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications
• Proficient in Auto Cad Civil 3D, MS Word and Excel
• Superior interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Superior time-management skills and an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.