We are currently accepting applications for a PAYROLL CLERK.
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Overtime
Work Hours: full time, 40hours/week
Education: College or vocational diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Not required
Experience: 1 year +
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
• Collects, sorts, checks, inputs and processes payroll data including reconciliation and printing of pay statements and related reports.
• Maintains and updates master database for individual employees, payroll programs and benefit records.
• Prepare all documentation to cause payment of payroll deductions to appropriate agencies and carriers as scheduled and required.
• Provide regular summaries, reports and invoices as required for other departments, government agencies and carriers.
• Prepares balances and enters data for year-to-date adjustments, Superannuation and Workers’ Compensation, and year-end reports such as T4, T4A.
• Respond to various requests from government agencies, other school districts, financial institutions and private organizations as authorized.
• Provide back-up/support to other Payroll Clerks.
• May on occasion be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
• High school graduation or the equivalent.
• Introductory accounting courses and three years payroll experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated computer skills, including spreadsheets and importing files from other sources.
• Completion of Level II Payroll Management Certificate Program or Payroll Compliance Practitioner Program.
• Minimum keyboarding speeds of 200 c.s.p.m. and 50 c.w.p.m.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment.
• Ability to perform duties with speed and accuracy and to work effectively under pressure with assigned deadlines.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of and experience working with the Collective Agreements as applicable to the duties of this position.
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information seen or heard.