Title: Systems Administrator – 9 month contract
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Annualized Salary: $45,000-$55,000 (based on experience)
Well established company is currently seeking to fill a 9 month contract Systems Administrator position in our IT department. This position is responsible for handling primary technical requirements for our network infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Tasks
– Rollouts : Servers, Desktops, Handhelds, Applications
– Maintenance & Upgrades: Windows Server, VMWare Infrastructure and Windows 7/XP environments.
– LAN Administration: DNS, VLAN, DHCP and other network and VPN inter-connectivity.
– Managing all aspects of Active Directory and Exchange Maintenance.
– Upkeep and maintain Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and SQL environment.
– Monitor server application logs; troubleshoot and optimize systems as needed
– Troubleshoot server, desktop, handheld software/hardware as needed
– Work with baseline security practices both at the core and endpoint levels
– Maintain and secure firewall and VPN services.
– Maintain SAN infrastructure.
– Research hardware and software trends and fixes
– Make changes to Wesbell web platform, and maintenance of it.
– Keep current with new software and provide user-friendly effective training to end users
– Test and deploy server/device software updates as they become available
– Liaison with vendors for RMA work
– Work with external developers for customer and internal projects
– Region covers locations in the GTA, and one in North Carolina. May require a small amount of travel.
– Provisioning and maintenance of various Smartphone devices.
– Any other tasks that may be required
Skills & Knowledge Required
– University or college education in computer technology related field
– MSCE , MCP esp.MS SQL & MS Exchange would be an asset
– Web and software development knowledge is an asset
– VMWare VI training or equivalent experience is an asset.
– Testing, Troubleshooting, Maintaining Microsoft technologies (Server2003/2008,XP, 7, Windows Mobile, Terminal Server, Exchange, SQL Server, Active Directory, etc)
– Thorough TCP/IP knowledge – DNS, VLANs, switching/routing, DHCP, Firewalls.
– Trouble ticket / asset tracking systems
– Break/fix, build and rebuild workstations/notebooks
– Manage/Troubleshoot Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES)
– Experience with VMWare Virtual Infrastructure (or other virtualization server software).
– Experience with ERP systems, specifically Great Plains would be an asset.
– Proficient at backup and recovery practices
– IIS/Joomla experience would be an asset
– Strong interpersonal and communications skills
– Thorough with documentation
– Must enjoy the challenge of problem solving
– Dynamic individual
– Hard working, customer focused, team player
Click here to contact us for more details on this job