We are looking for Class 1 Long Haul Truck Drivers
POSITION: Tractor-trailer truck driver (Class 1 Long Haul)
LOCATION: Laval, QC
STATUS: Full Time, permanent
SALARY: $20.00/hr / 46 cents per mile / 60 hours per week.
TOTAL POSITIONS: 25
JOB START DATE: As soon as possible
* Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances.
* Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods.
* Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage.
* Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
* Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes.
* Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
* Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books.
* Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers.
* May perform emergency roadside repairs.
* May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
* May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
Skills and Abilities:
Driver logbook, inspection report, (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, trip reports, accident or incident reports.
Significant use of memory, continuous learning, finding information, job task planning and organizing, critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, working with others, oral communication, writing, document use, reading text.
Type of Travel:
Long Haul, Regional, Provincial/territorial and international. Being away from home for 3-5 days, evening and weekend work may be required.
Type of Trucking: Tractor Trailer
* A valid Class 1 license or equivalent class
* Minimum of 3 years of Class 1 driving experience.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds — hand bombing may be required.
* Education: not required
* Language: English
* Provide criminal record check
* Professional in appearance
* Professional in customer service
If you meet the above qualifications, please respond to this job ad and attach your resume.
In 2014, Canadian Truck drivers earned an average salary of $60,000 CAD.
Truck Driver Jobs in Canada