Master Chef Jobs
- Responsible for supporting Hospitality Style Dining Service through superior food production practices, plate presentation and garnishing by following the menus and resident prescribed diet information, setting up equipment and supplies for food preparation, following standardized recipes at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- Provides direction to food and beverage staff in basic food preparation procedures, prep work, plating of food and assists in the orientation of new food and beverage employees.
- Alerts Food & Beverage Manager to problems that impact food quality and service and makes recommendations about corrective actions.
- In the absence of the Food & Beverage Manager, assumes responsibility for departmental operations including staff replacement, makes menu changes as necessary, requisitions and purchases food and other supplies from authorized suppliers, and maintains records as directed.
- Assists with monthly food inventory count.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 minimum education required.
- Red Seal designation required or graduate of a recognized college food preparation program willing to Red Seal certify.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in volume food preparation, catering and special event preparation in the hospitality or Retirement home industry.
- A valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
- Ability to work to deadline and flexible to work shifts (weekends, evenings, etc.).
- Position: Full-time, Permanent