Type Of Travel:
Long Haul international to the U.S. Being away from home for 4-6 days, evening and weekend work may be required.
- Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailer, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4600 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances.
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage.
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes.
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption.
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books.
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers.
- May perform emergency roadside repairs.
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- A valid Class 1 license or equivalent class.
- Minimum 2 years of full time CLASS 1 on road driving experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Education: not required.
- Language: English.
- Professional in appearance.
- Professional in customer service.
- Conditions of employment: permanent full-time position
- Number of hours per week: 50,00-60,00
- Salary offered: according to experience of 20.00 $ per hour
- Other form of remuneration: at mileage – $ 0.22-0.25 per mile
- Planned start date: As soon as possible