- Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications;
- Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on wood;
- Operate woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortisers and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components;
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws or other fasteners;
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products;
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products;
- Assemble kitchen cabinets;
- Custom millwork.
- 4+ years of woodworking experience
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, organize with good hand-eye coordination
- Read and interpret written information – read and write in English or French
- Position: Full-time
- Salary: $16-19/hour
- Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30am-4pm (overtime)
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
If this sounds like a good job opportunity for you, please apply today! Foreign sewers are welcome to apply too!