With the United States next door—the world’s largest economy and Canada’s largest trading partner we believe Canada is the best place in the world to do business. Since the U.S.-Canada free trade agreement was signed, the world’s largest trading relationship has seen its trade figures triple. With the signing of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which includes Mexico, we have joined the world’s largest trading block.Canada has always been strong on business. There are no wealth taxes or inheritance taxes and our government is committed to reducing corporate and income taxes. There are also many government programs in place that provide expert and fi nancial help to the business community.Canada has a large, educated work force and a pro-business government. The country is rich in natural resources, abundant sources of energy and sophisticated communications and transportation networks. Immigrant entrepreneurs looking to put their skills and talents to work will find themselves surrounded by opportunity.
- Imports and exports account for more than two thirds of Canada’s GDP.
- After the U.S., Canada’s largest trading partners are China and Japan.
- The World Economic Forum has declared Canada’s banking system the
soundest in the world.
- The NAFTA trade area produces $17 trillion worth of goods and services.
- Women are responsible for as much as 50% of new businesses in Canada.