Preloader Close

Our Services

Free Online Assessment

Permanent Residence for International Students in Canada

Permanent Residence for International Students in Canada

Canada has recently updated its regulations to allow international students to procure Work Permits and permanent residency faster. Being a renowned immigration service provider, we welcome this step of Permanent Residence for international students in Canada as it strengthens Canada’s economy and stature globally. 

International Students in Canada

We support PR for international students in Canada. There are numerous options for international students who wish to obtain permanent residence in Canada. Any international student who wishes to remain in Canada can contact us.

We will help them understand the rules for pr in Canada for international students. Also, provide an initial consultation regarding the vital options and opportunities to become a permanent resident in Canada. 

Below are some of the best Canada PR for international student’s options who wish to remain in Canada permanently.

Post-Graduate Work Permits

Being a student in Canada, you have the opportunity to obtain a post-grad work permit that lasts up to three years. This valuable permit allows you to gain the experience needed to qualify for permanent residence in Canada.To be eligible for post-grad work, students must have studied full-time for the eight (8) months leading up to the completion of their program. 

Post-Graduate Work Permits
Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Canadian Experience Class (CEC):

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is operated via the Express Entry immigration program and is one of the fastest mediums to obtain permanent Canadian residency. Apart from the age, education qualification, and language proficiency, an applicant must contain a minimum of 12 months of continuous (full-time) work experience in Canada to be eligible to use this program. 

Federal Skilled Worker Program:

Another Express Entry immigration system operated, the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), is another effective option for international students seeking permanent Canadian residency. Unlike CEC, the Federal Skilled Worker Program doesn’t ask for work experience. So as an international student, you are eligible to apply if you have any specific work experience from abroad. 

Federal Skilled Worker Program

However, international students must undergo its Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) program to get ranked for permanent Canadian residency. You can use this medium to get permanent Canadian citizenship if you obtain an excellent CRS score and other eligibility prospects.

Note: To qualify for the FSW program, applicants must demonstrate that they have worked full-time for at least 12 months in any country or an equivalent amount of part-time experience.

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) offer Permanent Residence in certain provinces.

Although the criteria may differ, all PNPs typically require students to meet specific requirements.

Students must be graduated from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada. 

They must have worked under a Work Permit for an employer in their respective province for a certain period. 

Regardless of the situation, the applicant must intend to reside, work, and build their profession in the province they are applying to.  

Provinces with Programs Enabling International Students to Get Permanent Residence

ProvinceMinimum Study Time to Be EligibleMinimum Working Time to Be EligiblePermanent, Full-Time Job Offer from EmployerNotes
British Columbia1 Academic YearNoneRequiredDiploma must be in areas such as science, engineering, computers; must attain 70% grades and provide a reference; eligible jobs in NOC levels 0, A, and B
Alberta2 Years Undergraduate or 1 Year Graduate Level6 MonthsRequiredJob offer must be related to applicant’s field of study
Saskatchewan1 Academic Year6 MonthsRequiredJob offer must be related to applicant’s field of study
Manitoba1 Academic Year6 MonthsRequiredJob offer must be related to applicant’s field of study
Ontario2 Year diploma or degree; or 1-year post-grad degree/certificate must complete min. half of studies in CanadaDo not need to have any previous work experienceJob in management, profession or skilled trades (NOC 0, A or B); does not have to be related to field of studyProgram is employer-driven; employer must be pre-screened and occupation approved
QuebecDiploma equal to QC secondary school; CAQ (Québec Acceptance Certificate)NoneNoneApply 12 month before graduating; adequate French
NewfoundlandTwo-year diploma or degree; or one-year post-graduate degree; must complete at least half of studies in Canada6 MonthsRequiredJob offer must be related to applicant’s field of study

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

  • How can I get PR in Canada after 2-year study?

    In the above sections, we explained how to obtain a PR in Canada after studying there for two years. Four options are available to you, and you can select the option that fits your requirements the most. After deciding, please get in touch with ICS officials for comprehensive assistance and guidance.

  • What is the post-graduate work permit processing time?

    The processing time for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) in Canada can take anywhere from 80 to 180 days. This implies that it may require six months to complete your PGWP after submitting your application. The time it takes to process can differ due to various factors. Such as:
    The volume of applications that IRCC is currently processing
    The complexity of your application
    Whether you are applying within or out of Canada

  • What is the most preeminent way for an international student to get permanent residence?

    The best way for an international student to get permanent residence in Canada is to complete their study at a recognized institution or university. Apply for an internship or any other work medium to gather work experience under a registered employer. Lastly, choose any of the above programs and follow the procedure to apply for PR in Canada.

  • Does changing course affect PR in Canada?

    Changing course in Canada does not necessarily affect your chances of getting permanent residency (PR). There are a few prospects that you must keep in mind. If you are considering changing courses:
    Make sure the new course is aligned with your career goals.
    Consider the impact on your work permit.
    Be prepared to explain the change in the course while applying for the PR

  • Which course is easy PR for Canada?

    It's not the course but your ability that makes things easy for you in your career. However, the below courses are popular and can help you get permanent residency in Canada.
    Master of Business Administration (MBA)
    Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS)
    Master of Science in Data Science (MSDS)
    Master of Science in Engineering (MSE)
    Doctor of Medicine (MD)