Coming to Manitoba as a provincial nominee
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) is a government immigration program that selects skilled workers who demonstrate they have the potential and the desire to immigrate and settle themselves and their families in the Canadian province of Manitoba.
The program consists of five streams:
- Employer Direct
- International Student
- Family Support
- Strategic Initiatives
- General Stream.
The eligibility criteria for each stream is as follows:
Employer Direct is a MPNP priority assessment stream that helps foreign workers who have been working in Manitoba for at least six months, reside permanently within the province.
Under this stream you can apply to immigrate to Manitoba if you hold a long-term, full-time job offer from a Manitoba employer.
To be eligible for nomination you must show that you have:
- an offer of long-term, full-time employment with a Manitoba employer
- the training, work experience and language ability required for the job you have been offered (including any licence or certification required in your country of residence)
- the intention and the ability to settle permanently in Manitoba
The International Student priority assessment stream is for graduates who have established strong ties to Manitoba and intend to live, work and establish their careers here.
To be eligible to apply you must have already:
- graduated from a post-secondary educational program of at least one academic year at a Manitoba institution
- Obtained a post-graduation open work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
- Received from a Manitoba employer a formal offer of a full-time, long-term job related to your field of studies, AND
- You must be working for that Manitoba employer, and have been so for at least six months.
You can apply under the Family Support Stream program if you demonstrate that you:
- have a close relative who is an established resident of Manitoba and who is willing and able to support your settlement in the province.
- meet our minimum requirements for age, education, work experience and language ability
- Minimum Requirements: Age:
- You are between the ages of 21 and 49.
- Education/training: You have completed post-secondary education of at least one academic year and received a diploma or certificate.
- Work experience: You have at least two years of full-time work experience within the past five years.
- Language: You are proficient in English or French to get a job in Manitoba in your expected occupation soon after you arrive. For an objective assessment of your English skills take an IELTS test (International English Language Testing System) and submit your score with your application.
Adaptability: You can demonstrate your intention and ability to establish successfully in Manitoba based on your:
- connection to Manitoba, including settlement supports from family
- employability, based on your training and work experience related to your intended occupation, including any licence or certification required in your country of residence
- settlement funds (applicants 10000$ CAD plus 2000$ CAD for each accompanying dependant)
They have acknowledged an invitation letter to submit an application as part of a Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program targeted promotional plan; OR
- They have been preferential by a Manitoba-based ethnic/cultural group or a regional economic development body which will help you in arranging an preliminary visit (pre-approved by the MPNP) to the province; OR
- An mature dependent relative of a MPNP nominee who does not qualify of a entitled accompanying dependant can also be fit for the Strategic Initiatives stream, given he/she proves his/her financial ability to put up in the province and will take delivery of assistance from the nominee in establishing himself/herself in Manitoba
An applicant under this program must also meet the basic criteria which consists of : age, education/training, work experience, language and adaptability.
The MPNP General stream is for skilled workers who can be assessed enough points in each assessment factor and who can demonstrate their intention and ability to establish successfully and permanently in Manitoba. The assessment factors are explained below.
To be eligible to apply under the General stream you must provide one of the following:
- proof of a close relative in Manitoba
- two affidavits of support (MAS), each completed by a close friend or distant relative in Manitoba
- proof that you have previously worked full-time in Manitoba for at least six months
- proof that you completed an educational program in Manitoba of at least one academic year (excluding language-training programs)
Skilled workers who apply under the General stream will be considered for nomination if they can satisfy the MPNP that they:
- Can be assessed sufficient points for nomination
- Have the training, work experience and language ability necessary for
long-term employment in Manitoba (including any licence or certification required in your country of residence)
- Have demonstrated a clear ability and intention to establish permanently and successfully in Manitoba
Your application will be assessed points according to age, education, work experience, language ability and adaptability. You must score at least 55 points, as assessed by a MPNP program officer.
Begin your Canadian Visa Application Process Today
As Canadian immigration specialists, ICS is committed to ensuring that you obtain the best Canadian visa or immigration service for your requirements. You can set your application in motion today by submitting our Initial Consultation Form to schedule your consultation with one of our immigration attorneys.
After we assess your qualifications, you will be informed if you qualify. If you would qualify to apply for Canada Immigration as the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Class, we open your file and proceed with the processing of your application for the permanent resident visa and/or work permit.
Please note that ICS will not share your personal information with any other third party, any information submitted to us will only be used to assess your visa eligibility.