Now comes the major part, which is recruitment. Recruiting is the process of finding and hiring qualified employees. As per temporary foreign worker program requirements, you must recruit Canadians and permanent residents first before hiring a temporary foreign worker.
Before applying to a Labour Market Impact Assessment, you should conduct three recruitment activities-
- You must advertise on Canada’s job bank.
- You must conduct two additional methods of recruitment that are consistent with the occupation.
Job match services
You just use the job match service that allows you to see different profiles of registered job seekers. Each match is rated with a star system rating from one to five. The more stars received, the greater is the compatibility between your advertised position and the job seeker.
For a high-wage position, you must invite all job seekers matched within the first 30 days of your job advertisements to apply for the position if they have given four stars or more.
Methods of recruitment
Various methods of recruitment for a job advertisement includes-
- General employment websites
- Local and national newspapers or newsletters
- Participation of job fairs
- Professional recruitment agencies
- Magazines and journals
- Partnership with training institutions and providing internships
- Advertising through professional associations
Recruitment documentation retention
You should keep records of your recruitment and advertising efforts for at least six years. They will also ask to provide the results from the recruitment efforts.
Job advertisement duration
You should make sure that the job advertisement
- Has occurred in the three months before submitting the Labour Market Impact Assessment application
- Has a minimum of four weeks within the three months beforefiling a labour market impact assessment application.
Job advertisement information-
The job advertisement information includes-
- Company’s name
- Business address
- Title of the position
- Terms of employment
- Benefits package offered
- Location of work
- Contact information
Proof of advertisements
You must present the evidence that you have put efforts to recruit qualified Canadians and permanent residents by providing documents as proof of advertisement. You have to present-
- A copy of the advertisement to see how long the position was advertised
- Evidence that the print media and website used for advertising target an audience
- Proof of other recruitment documents
Variations to the advertising requirements
There are also various variations to the advertising requirements for specific positions. You can go through the variation list to check if one of them applies to the requested circumstances.